DEV BLOG#1: Complete Prototype Phase & More
The market has been rough over the last couple of weeks, but we are building and delivering just as before. We have a solid long-term plan, dedicated team, and resources to keep our project on the best track in any conditions.
Of course, achievements speak louder than any words, so it’s time for our game development report.
As the date for our public launch (PvE modes) in Q4 is approaching, we are working tirelessly to make EoF flawless in every sense, from aesthetics to mechanics to crypto integration. Great news: we are right on schedule!
Our CTO, Edvinas Mandravickas, has given us an exciting update. Here’s all you need to know about our latest game development progress:
1. Prototype Phase Complete
The most exciting news is that the prototype phase of Engines of Fury is successfully complete! What does it mean? It means that we have been able to test:
- PVE: Training ground mechanics. Training ground will likely be the first player’s interaction with the game, so this gameplay mode must work flawlessly.
- PVE: Boss (AI) fight mechanics. Boss fights will be the most advanced PVE game mode, which requires precise and functional mechanics to keep players engaged. We have it covered.
- Champion abilities. Champion abilities allow players to stand out and prove their gaming skills. It’s our job to make those abilities balanced, ever-changing & fun to use.
- Champion level-up system. A competitive and fair champion level-up system is in place and working smoothly.
- Player camera positioning. Camera angles are often the first thing that players notice about the game, so we made sure to make them user-friendly and visually appealing.
2. First Arena Testing Complete
Champions of Stoneport are only allowed to fight in the arenas to ensure order in the post-apocalyptic punk world. That’s why we were quick to build and test our first arena. We have made a concept, developed architecture around it, and finally completed texturing.
3. Backend Development Environment Launched
We have launched a backend development environment, which allows us to create and test in-game NFTs, gameplay mechanics, and other features. Having this controlled environment will make our job faster & more efficient.
4. Champion Customization Tool
We have developed a unique tool for champion customization in the Unity environment. We can now test and improve various NFTs’ looks and character customization possibilities. Having this tool will allow us to make sure that there are no clipping and other visual bugs left in the game. Also, we are creating a game with players in mind, so it is crucial for us to provide everyone with numerous possibilities to customize champions according to their style.
Looking Into the Future
Our development team has achieved marvelous and timely results over the last couple of months, and that is only the beginning. We have plenty of big announcements lined up for you, so stay tuned!
About Engines of Fury
Engines of Fury is a duel arena game built on Unity with rich 3D visuals and numerous addictive single & multiplayer gameplay modes.
It has a 1-token deflationary in-game economy where $FURY is at the center of the game with lots of utility & ever-increasing demand.